MCVSD - Adult and Continuing Education Department is an
OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY TESTING CENTER
Approved by New Jersey State Department of Education
formerly known as the GED Test Center
To reserve a seat for any of our scheduled test dates,
call us at 973-627-4601 ext 296
TASC - Frequently Asked Questions
Forms For High School Equivalency Test:
Consent to Participate Form (16 and 17 year olds)
Consent of Non Enrollment in School Form (16 - 21 year olds)
Special Accommodations Request Form
HOW TO: Access Your High School Equivalency Test Transcripts / Receive Diploma Verification
Questions? Please call 973-627-4601 ext 296, or email us
MCVSD is offering the COMPUTER-BASED TASC High School Equivalency test
OFFICE LOCATION - High School Equivalency Testing
400 East Main Street
Denville, NJ 07834
Adult Education, Building 2
Phone: 973-627-4601 ext 296
Parking: Please park in LOT D
TEST OVERVIEW - High School Equivalency
- Morris County School of Technology is an official TASC High School Equivalency Testing Center.
- The High School Equivalency test is a two (2) day examination, which upon passing, allows an individual to receive a state issued high school diploma.
- Special testing accommodations are available upon approval from McGraw Hill-TASC.
REGISTER for High School Equivalency Test
- To reserve a seat for any of our scheduled test dates, call us at 973-627-4601 ext 296
AFTER YOU REGISTER ONSITE:
TASC test takers in New Jersey have access to a free TASC Test Examinee Portal.
This portal gives testers the ability to create a secure account where they can access their testing history, scores, and reports.
To create your account, go to http://www.tasctest.com/test-center-locations-for-test-takers.html
ELIGIBILITY for High School Equivalency Testing
- You must be a resident of New Jersey
- You must be at least 16* years old and officially withdrawn from school
- You have not graduated from an accredited high school or received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma
*16 and 17 year old testers must submit the following documents:
· A properly authorized Consent Form
· In order to ensure the authenticity of the consent, a parent or legal guardian must accompany the 16 or 17 year old tester at time of registration.
· The parent/guardian must provide a photo ID as proof of their relationship to the tester.
· If the parent/guardian’s last name is different from the minor tester’s last name, the parent/guardian must provide the minor tester’s birth certificate.
· The parent/guardian must sign the consent form at time of registration (i.e.: the consent form must not arrive already signed, at time of registration).
· If the parent or guardian is not able to accompany the 16 or 17 year old tester, the parent/guardian signature must be notarized.
· A Certification of Non Enrollment in School Form
*18, 19, and 20 year olds must submit a properly authorized Certification of Non Enrollment in School Form
ITEMS TO PROVIDE at REGISTRATION for HS Equivalency Test
- Money Order (see test fees, below)
No cash or checks accepted
- Two ID's
o Social Security Card or Taxpayer ID Card or Social Insurance Card
- * If you are showing a US and foreign passport, you must also provide proof of NJ residency
- Proof of NJ Residency: Lease/Rent agreement, utility bill, bank statement, property tax receipt, federal income tax return. Documents must be current and display the applicant’s full name and NJ address
Computer-Bases and Paper-Based:
· $92.00 for complete test battery (5 subjects) payable with Money Order
· $8.00 per subject for first two re-tests payable with Money Order
· $18.40 per subject for subsequent re-tests, payable with Money Order
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS - HS Equivalency Test
Qualified candidates may access the following online resources to download accommodation forms:
Accommodation Request Form
FORMS for High School Equivalency Testing
Parent/Guardian Consent Form
Certification of Non Enrollment in School
Interstate Testing Request Form
TRANSCRIPTS - High School Equivalency
Information coming soon
For GED TRANSCRIPTS (2002 through 2013):
Please call 609-777-1050 or email
PREPARE for the High School Equivalency Test
We offer FREE Basic Skills classes
Prepare for TASC
New Jersey High School Equivalency Test Centers
Calculator used in High School Equivalency Testing